What is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free?
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Free is a free utility that detects various unwanted programs on a computer, such as trojans, rootkits, and hacking tools, and eliminates them. Malwarebytes Free can be downloaded for Windows and macOS on computers or on mobile devices running Android or iOS.
The MalwareBytes Anti-Malware utility checks every file on a computer for suspicious objects. Thanks to the use of advanced technologies such as Malwarebytes Chameleon, this antivirus effectively fights against "zero-day vulnerabilities," i.e., vulnerabilities that have not yet been fixed, as well as fresh viruses.
In addition, the manual protection mechanism allows Malwarebytes to coexist with other antivirus software without significantly affecting the operating system.
The program is supported on Windows 7 and newer systems. During installation, other advertising products are not offered. The interface is simple and understandable even for inexperienced users.
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware is available in free and paid versions. In the latter case, real-time protection and regular PC scanning are available.
The Malwarebytes Anti-Malware antivirus has the following capabilities:
- protection against various threats, extortion programs, and vulnerabilities that may be located in the registry or system store;
- blocking access to infected sites;
- blacklisting to exclude programs from the check;
- built-in quarantine to isolate detected threats;
- password protection for settings;
- automatically (in the premium version) or manually (in the free version) updatable antivirus databases;
- integration into the "Windows Security and Maintenance Center";
- built-in self-protection module against unwanted changes in the utility itself.
The premium version has a 14-day trial period, after which the user can switch to the free version without an expiration date.
This utility has several advantages:
- high speed of operation in the background mode;
- ability to detect and eliminate almost all unwanted programs with all associated files and registry keys;
- ability to remove objects that block the installation of other real-time antivirus software;
- absence of ads and conflicts with other real-time antivirus software.
Among the minor drawbacks of the program is the need to manually switch from the trial premium version to the free one.
Thus, the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware utility can be recommended to users who want to enhance the protection of their PC or remove unwanted programs.