What is Avast Free Antivirus?
Avast Free Antivirus is a family of internet security applications that can be downloaded for Microsoft Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. The antivirus uses 6-level deep protection to detect and block viruses within seconds.
The utility's creators develop and sell products for business and consumer security for servers, desktops, and mobile devices.
The Avast suite includes both free and proprietary versions that provide computer security, browser security, antivirus software, firewall, phishing protection, and spyware protection.
Additional program features include:
- Password Manager - Provides encryption and secure storage of information, as well as synchronization of data across all devices;
- Wi-Fi Inspector - Scans routers, personal computers, mobile devices, and IoT devices connected to the network;
- Cleanup Premium - Scans the system for performance issues;
- Game Mode - Reduces its own load on the operating system, thereby freeing up resources for games.
- AntiTrack - protects against personal data theft online.
How to use?
After downloading and installing the program, launch Avast and scan your system. Then you need to clean up the system from "junk" and reboot it. The "Scanning Logs" tab displays a complete list of logs that contain detailed information about the scanning processes performed in the computer system, as well as their results.
- A free version is available, which is not inferior in protection to Premium;
- Software updates automatically;
- Easy to install and use.
- Slow scanning of old PC models;
- Limited set of functions in the free version;
- Sometimes overly sensitive to all suspicious files.
Avast is a good free antivirus that guarantees a high level of protection against viruses and other malicious programs. You can download the latest version of Avast (2023) for Windows and other operating systems for free from the official website by following the link at the bottom of the page.