What is Google Meet?
Google Meet is a free program for conducting online video conferences with a large number of people over the internet. It is a product of the well-known corporation Google, released in 2017 (replacing Google Hangouts).
The Google Meet application can be downloaded for free on mobile Android or iOS (iPhone, iPad) phones and tablets, and the computer online version can be used through the official website.
- The desktop can be demonstrated during video conferencing.
- Participants can be invited through links or a meeting number.
- The service has an automatic subtitle feature.
- Special features are available for users with limited capabilities.
- Up to 250 people can be invited to a conference.
- Free calls to international phone numbers are possible.
- Recordings can be made in addition to live broadcasts.
- The service supports special equipment for conference halls.
- Does not take up space on the computer and does not require downloading.
- Secure communication and encryption.
- Free audio and video meetings.
- Easy access through a link.
- Recordings can be viewed offline.
- Saves on communication costs for international calls.
- Easy and user-friendly interface.
- Convenient to use with G Suite.
- High-resolution recording quality.
- Allows important discussions to take place from the comfort of one's home.
- Provides high-quality video communication for free.
- The service may load slowly with a weak internet connection.
- Recording online conferences requires a paid subscription.
- Virtual background feature is not available.
- Every participant must have a Google account to access the service.
Google Meet is a useful and multifunctional program for organizing video conferences and communicating with people from different countries for free. The service does not need to be installed, which saves time and memory on the gadget.
The latest version of Google Meet (2023) can be downloaded for free through the links below.