What is Viber?
Viber is a free messenger used for exchanging messages, files, audio and video calls between users. Communication in the application is carried out through the Internet; the cost of voice calls, video calls, and text messages is determined by the Internet operator's tariff.
Viber functions on various platforms: it is available for download on Windows, Android, iOS, macOS devices.
Users have access to the following set of functions:
- exchange of text messages, audio and video calls;
- sending documents and images;
- quick audio and video messages;
- creating communities;
- deleting sent messages;
- library of stickers and GIFs;
- the ability to create a backup of all dialogues.
How to get started?
Registration in the program is carried out using the user's phone number. Contact search occurs through the phone book, which is integrated with the developer company's servers. The history of calls and correspondence, all transmitted files, and community members are also saved there.
Service clients can exchange messages and calls over the Internet. The Viber Out function is also available, which allows making calls to mobile and stationary devices on the operator's network. The cost of the call depends on the selected tariff plan and the location of the person being called.
- popularity of the service and consequently a huge number of users;
- modern security protocols and contact verification;
- a wide range of communication functions;
- quality of sound during voice and video calls;
- simple interface.
- unstable connection during calls;
- access to personal information of third-party users who operate the server.
Viber is a popular free messenger that has received a response, especially in the CIS countries, due to its ease of use and pleasant interface. You can download the latest version of the application (2023) from the official website below.