What is K-Lite Codec Pack?
K-Lite Codec Pack is a free codec pack that allows you to play video and audio files on your computer. It is one of the most popular and widely used codec packs in the world for Windows, which has been around for many years. The utility supports almost all known media file formats and includes all the necessary codecs and decoders required to play most media files, as well as its own video player.
- A codec base of all popular file types (MP4, AVI, MKV, FLV, WMV, MOV, MPEG, MP3, FLAC, AAC, and others);
- Built-in media player (Windows Media Player, Media Player Classic, VLC, BSPlayer).
How to use:
After downloading K-Lite Codec Pack (64-bit) and running the installation, you will be prompted to choose the default player (Windows Media Player, Media Player Classic, VLC, BSPlayer) for video and audio files, set associations of specific media file extensions with the installed media player (for example, to play only MP4, AVI, MKV), install additional 64-bit components, choose decoding methods, language of the interface, audio output type (stereo, multi-channel 2.1, 5.1, and others).
- The pack is regularly updated and includes new codecs and features, which makes it even more useful and convenient to use;
- A large list of supported media file formats.
- Most popular media file formats are already supported by the built-in media player of the Windows operating system.
K-Lite Codec Pack is a popular codec pack for working with multimedia files, allowing you to play high-quality video and audio without the need to search and install codecs separately for each format. You can download the latest version of K-Lite Codec Pack (2024) for free from the official website via the link below.