What is BitTorrent?
BitTorrent is a free torrent client (an analogue of uTorrent), allowing for the quick and efficient downloading of torrent files by breaking them into smaller parts and distributing them across a network of computers. It's useful for enthusiasts of free «pirated» content.
You can download BitTorrent on a computer or laptop running Windows, MacOS, as well as on mobile devices based on Android.
- Fast downloading of torrent files (or magnet links) with prioritization and forced download;
- Built-in player for previewing media content;
- You can download anything: music, images, videos, programs, and even games.
How to use?
Download and install the BitTorrent torrent client from our site, then find a website with movies, music (or the content you want to download) on the internet where torrents are shared, and download the necessary file. It's lightweight and only serves to specify the path to the BitTorrent client from which the remaining fragments should be downloaded. You will need to launch it and then specify the folder where the content will be downloaded.
Often, you can do without downloading .torrent files since (usually) websites have magnet links that do the same thing.
- Fast downloads - torrents allow you to download large files faster than conventional download methods (e.g., through a browser), even if you have slow internet;
- Ability to resume downloads at any time - if the internet goes out or the computer shuts down due to a power failure, you can resume the download from the same point;
- Decentralization of processes - torrents use a peer-to-peer protocol, meaning the downloaded file is not on a single server. If one source is inactive, you can use others;
- Ability to exchange large files - BitTorrent Web has high bandwidth, making it easy to transfer files up to 100 GB.
- No virus protection. Downloaded files can contain anything. You can't check unless you download only objects with a high number of downloads and then check with antivirus software;
- Downloading files via torrent heavily burdens the PC. The internet becomes slower, and the hard drive works worse;
- Your IP address becomes known to those who use the files you share. And you'll have to share them often because otherwise, you won't be able to download. You can use a VPN for protection.
BitTorrent is a popular torrent client for downloading files in the (.torrent) format, supporting multi-threaded content download at high speed from multiple sources.
You can download the latest version of the BitTorrent program (2024) for free from the official website through the link below.